Upcoming Events

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Why Volunteer?

[Mushroom risotto? Pile it high and deep]


Hey folks, volunteer applications to be part of our 2011 Spring/Summer training are due April 15th. Spaces are filling up fast so get yours in today to be part of the movement!
Check out some of the reasons why people (some of our former volunteers of the month, actually) volunteer to help us end domestic violence:

"...I wanted to be on the other end of the [24 Hour Help Line] when [abused women] did call, to share my education and knowledge as well as my admiration for them, hoping to make their road to safety and healing a little easier." - Sara

"...Because domestic violence is a horrible issue that doesn't seem to be going away, and I thought I could be useful to people who are grappling with its consequences." - Shelley

"...I would just like to contribute in some way that is conducive to my talents." - Tom

"...Someone close to me lives with DV everyday. I think a big reason for wanting to advocate for victims is trying to be a better advocate for her, if she ever wants me to be that." - Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment